A local highschool in Silicon Valley has some subversive teens that started a website called the "Titan Truth" . This was covered in an online article on Palo Alto Online. I am looking forward to reading the site - and happy that local teens are expressing themselves online.
I was curious to see if there are other teens writing on blogs or websites and found the following:
- Blogflux has a category for teens.
- The interns at Teen Vogue, while not teens, are close to it and have their own blog.
- CNN reported on a very brave teen cancer patient had his own blog. He created his blog on a site that allows patients and their families to post updated news and information called carepages.com.
- Time Warner just invested in Gaia - an virtual world aimed at teens (Gaia online). I found information about this on a site called 'Ypulse" that has a category for tweens.
- Last summer I saw Chloe, the 16 year old creator of Neopets, speak at BlogHer. It seems that Chloe really knows about SEO! After talking with her after the session, I was quite impressed!
- A 14 year old (Aaron Broder) is not only part of the Scholastic Press Corps - but he covered CES.
- The Scholastic Press Corps is also worth mentioning on it's own.
I am not going to mention that other site - it is too cliche.. But I do know that many teens sign on to their Facebook college network the summer before they enter - and start networking before they step foot on campus (even share music). Times are a-changin.....
For Parents, there is an interesting website called "Parenting Teens Online". Any more teens online websites that I missed?