***MOMS WHO TECH follow-up session was at Convention Center Level 3 - Room 4 (panelist area) with Shireen Mitchell.
We just finished the Moms Who Tech core conversation at SXSW, we have an amazing set of attendees who sparked a very interesting discussion. Sarah Granger was kind enough to take notes - which I will post soon. I will also be posting the names and websites of the "Moms Who Tech" in attendance. For those wanting to follow or join in the conversation, we will be using the Twitter hash tag #Momswhotech. Unfortunately, my co-leader Shireen Mitchell's plane was late so I will be twittering using my id (TechMama) when she arrives and timing on gathering for a follow-up discussion for those interested (sometime today - hopefully at 3pm). We were thrilled to have Tiffany Galligan, Experience Director Razorfish in attendance to discuss the Cafe Mom/Razorfish "Digital Mom" study.
Here were some overall questions framing the discussion:
- How do moms use tech for communication, information gathering and family management? How is tech a part of their lives as mothers? In careers, school, children's education?
- Why are increasing numbers of moms engaging in social media and using technology?
- How are moms using technology to politicize & become activists?
When asked why I decided to put this together, I shared that moms:
- Have digital responsibility for themselves and families
- Are savvy communicators and community builders who are taking their communication online
- Multitaskers that will use the available technology to make their and their families lives easier
- Moms buy technology for their households and are savvy at gathering information (offline and online). Get their information from other moms (and are therefore primary purchasing influencers).
- Kid’s school and social lives are now online (including HOMEWORK), so technology in family households is a MUST!
Here is the first run of "Moms Who Tech" at the session, will add more as I get the names. If I did not get your name, email me at techmamas(at)gmail(dot)com. If you were a business trying to reach out to moms please also email me your info and I will post about that separately (and thanks for coming!):
Shireen Mitchell @digitalsista http://www.womenwiredin.com/
Guest speaker was Tiffany Galligan from Razorfish http://www.razorfish.com/ who discussed the Digital Mom study.
Partial List of Attendees (will add more as I get them):
- Sarah Granger @sairy http://www.sarahgrangers.com
- Rachel Silverman Wall Street Journal blog "The Juggle"
- Felicity Chapman @cubesandcrayons http://cubes.typepad.com/cake/
- Maria Genitempo @maria_celeste http://lalalandmamma.blogspot.com/
- Wendy Piersall http://www.wendypiersall.com/
- Kim Janocko @craftymamaof4 http://craftymamaof4.blogspot.com
- Annie Lynsen/KaBOOM! @kaboomplay @thinklynsen http://kaboom.org/news
- Colleen Padilla @classymommy http://www.classymommy.com
- StacyDeBroff @momcentral http://www.momcentral.com/blogs/mom-central-
- Robin Dance @PensieveRobin http://www.pensieve.me
- Dr. Karen Rayne @KarenRayne http://www.karenrayne.com
- Michele Wilcox @sparksfley http://www.sparksandbutterflies.com
- Amy Allen Clark @momadvice http://www.momadvice.com
- Monica Brady @MommyBrain http://www.mommybrainreports.com
- Angela Conley @249smiles http://www.249smiles.com
- Krista Parry @krista_parry @snowmamas http://www.snowmamas.com
- Lynnae McCoy http://beingfrugal.net/
- JTaffet http://roxyandtyler.aboutmybaby.com/
- Lauren P. Thomas http://thismommygig.org/
- Alisa Sherman http://babyfruit.typepad.com/
- Mercedes http://www.commonsensewithmoney.com/about/
- Christine Lu http://thechinabusinessnetwork.com/
NEXT UP: I will load the liveblog notes of the session soon. Not to be missed...