Similar to MommaSaid.net, I was also once again amazed at my fabulous blogging friend Ciaran Blumenfeld of Momfluential by coming up with an idea about a TV show based on mom bloggers (Project Mom Casting).
I am a big fan of reality TV, I have it on while I am blogging to put me in the blogging mood. Life as a mom of three boys can be crazy, so viewing reality TV helps me realize that I am not alone - that there are many people in much "crazier" situations. I am also a fan of moms blogs, they give me that "I relate to" feeling and regularly inspire me. That is why I will be excited to see what Project Mom Casting comes up with.
But if I take a step back, I sometimes feel as though I am living a reality TV worthy life right now. Here is my true, but crazy storyline:
1. Techie girl discovers her inner geek: Techie Girl discovers that while math was not her strong point in school, she excelled at anything related to technology and programming. Techie girl then decides to become a programmer when she grows up.
2. Techie Woman: After college Techie Girl realizes her dream and becomes a programmer, then a systems project manager. Techie Girl becomes techie woman, then gets a job at a big ole consulting firm (Deloitte).
3. TechMama: Techie woman enjoyed working at family friendly Deloitte and became Senior Manager. She had her first son then had fertility problems (including 5 miscarriages). After she used technology (IVF), she delivered twin boys and decided to jump off Partner track.
4. TechMama "The Domain": Techmama decided that having three boys and a wonderful husband was gratifying in a family sense, but missed having a work life. Techmama also did not like how she was treated by tech sales people when she was with her kids, she kept reminding them "Hey, I run all the technology for our family - so I will be installing that wireless router myself". TechMama started blogging as Career 2.0.
6. TechMama "The Adventure": TechMama takes blogging to the next level, searching out interesting and adventurous stories of others to share on her blog. She became inspired by the brave men and women on the USS Nimitz, the tech community in Paris, how Vivienne Tam designed her HP Netbook, the technology behind the fabulous animated 3D movie Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs, hang out at CES , see a live taping of the Chelsea Lately show, met Katie Couric and fabulous bloggers along the way. Best of all she had the chance to realize a dream, at a red carpet event she not only got a spray tan to help combat her pale geeky skin color, but also met some reality stars live (Real Housewives of Orange County).